Monday, May 12, 2008

MORRIS ACTING METHOD

MORRIS ACTING METHOD



This is directed to any and all professionals who work in Cinema, Theater and Television. Those who work as actors, directors, dancers, choreographers, musicians, singers and students studying film, television and dance.

This is also useful for anyone who expresses themselves emotionally through their work or art such as painters, writers, set designers, cartoonists, etc. The idea is to explore all the areas of oneself and unblock whatever it is that cuts out the creative process.

The objective is to find the tools to enrich our personal growth and thus have a better emotional and physical development with ourselves and in regards to the construction of scenes, plays and characters.


1.- The development of ourselves


Being real.
Being theatrical.
Personal inventory.
Being in the moment.
Being.
Sharing with the other.
Practical exercises:
“You make me feel”, “Sharing something intimate”, “I wonder, perceive and observe”.


2.- Preparation. Technique
How does tension affect the actor. Causes. Exercises. Moment to moment. Last minute tension before a scene or audition.

3.- Emotional life of the actor


Breaking away from emotional blocks. Trusting your impulse.
Discovering your capacity.
Personal expressions
“Coffin Monologue”.
Exposing
“Imaginary Monologues”
Vulnerability.
Flow of consciousness
Abandonment
Vesuvius
Music and sounds
The inner child
The magical child
My critic
The magic pocket
Dime exercise
I deserve
I want
I need
Tantrum.


4.- Preparation for the work with other actors


Non-verbal communication. Wonder, perceive and observe. Endowment, “I like, I dislike”, “If you could see inside of me”. Confrontation. Get out of my way. Introduction to voice dialogue.

No comments: